Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Congress Vote Seekers

1. Something happened in the morning yesterday that was a real eye-opener (to the visitors or me – readers should decide). As I was leaving for my clinic (I was already late and someone was waiting there), about a dozen congress persons, mainly ladies arrived at the gate. I had to entertain them. I requested them not to get upset if I put them any questions.

2. They requested me to vote for congress. When I asked them as to why should I vote for that party and what did they do during their tenure of 20 months, they started telling about the repair of roads in the city. I countered them by saying that it had to be done in any case. I further asked them as to why should I support a party headed by a lady of foreign origin, and a party full of sycophants they had no answer. When I picked one of then and asked him in what way he was inferior to anyone else to contest for the post of PM, he agreed with me; then why choose a novice? Or was it because he was born in the so called royal family? Again they had no answer when I asked them as to why their party was accepting party hoppers?

3. They started telling about the achievements of the candidate from the constituency where I live. They had no answer when I asked then as to why a large plot of land was allotted to him by the MUDA in a prime locality for the construction of a marriage hall and a petrol pump while others' applications were overlooked. To summarise, they had no answer for any of my questions.

4. However, the end was hilarious. Exasperated, an old woman in the group requested me to vote for their candidate since all of them gave me a patient hearing while I was asking them questions!!

1 comment:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Really amusing. One can see the exasperation on the lady's face!

And you have also hit the nail on the head with all the astute questions. Not even their bosses from HQ will answer such questions, for if the answers are honest, they will prove extremely embarrassing.